Helpful Hotel Information - Sheraton Hotel
With all reservations, but especially when multiple reservations are involved, getting things squared away ahead of arrival can help facilitate the check-in process for you as well as your fellow attendees who may be waiting in line during peak check in times. This information is applicable to the Sheraton Hotel, however similar procedures will apply at all of our overflow hotels.
The name of the guest who will be occupying the room should be the name on the reservation before arrival. When changes are necessary, this can easily be done using the same link you used to make the reservation, or by using the "click here" option in your hotel confirmation email to modify the reservation. Do not use another person's name (including spouse) to obtain Bonvoy credits. When you show up to check-in and the name is different on the reservation, it delays the check in process for everyone. Make the reservation using the name on your official ID (driver's license) and/or credit card used to make the reservation if charges are to be billed to your credit card.
Credit Card Authorization Forms - When Payment Card is Not Present at Check In
- When one credit card will be used to pay for multiple rooms/guests, and the payment card will not be present at the time of check in, you must request a credit card authorization form from the hotel. This must be done in advance of your arrival.
- You may request a credit card authorization form from the Sheraton Hotel by calling 214.922.8000, ext. 7. The credit card authorization must be requested, and submitted at least 7 days prior to arrival date. The credit card will be charged at that time.
- When completing the credit card authorization form, you must use the "special request" to add any additional guests to be included besides the initial guest. You must include your hotel confirmation number (not the acknowledgement number.)
- Be sure and confirm with the hotel they have received your form. You should receive a link to the form along with a local hotel contact's email address.
Groups Paying with One Credit Card - When Payment Card is Present at Check In
- Once again, each reservation should be made under the name of the guest who will be occupying the room in the hotel.
- When one person in the group is responsible for paying for a group of rooms with one credit card, and the credit card is in their possession, the entire group must be present and checking in together.
- If any one of the group is not present, do not check in as this will only cause delays for other people waiting to check-in. The hotel will require each person occupying a room to present a credit card for incidentals even if the room charges are to be paid by another person's credit card.
- You will not be permitted to check another member of your group into the hotel. Each person must be present at the front desk for in-person check-in.
- If 2 different credit card are being used, 1 for room and taxes, and 1 for incidentals, you must submit a credit card authorization form in advance for the room and tax, which will be pre-charged in advance, and a deposit applied to the room, each guest will present a credit card at check in for incidentals.
- When any one person in a group will be arriving at a different time, use the credit card authorization instructions above.
- The bottom line here is if you are not paying for all charges (room + tax + incidentals) for someone else, you must provide a credit card authorization form - in advance.
Other Conference Negotiated Room Blocks
The above group info is the policy of the Sheraton Hotel where we have the largest room block. You may contact the hotel where you have a reservation(s) if it is not the Sheraton to inquire about their policy for groups checking in.
Mobile Check-In is Recommended!
Save time and use the Bonvoy app to check in at the Sheraton or Marriott! You must add YOUR Bonvoy account number to your reservation. You cannot use another person's Bonvoy number. The reservation must be in YOUR name and the name must match the name on your Bonvoy account.
Please note for mobile check-in when you have a government rate room, the email on your reservation must be a government agency email, otherwise the mobile check in will not process and you will need to check in at the front desk.
Get the Bonvoy App at Google Play
Get the Bonvoy App at the Apple Store
How to Use the Bonvoy App